sE Electronics X1A Condenser Microphone Overview:
- Professional-grade studio condenser microphone for vocals and all instruments
- Upgraded capsule and overhauled electronics yield accuracy, dynamics, and
- well-balanced frequency response for all sources
- -20dB pad switch extends your dynamic range for capturing loud close-miked sources
- 100Hz high-pass filter eliminates rumble and other unwanted low-frequency sounds
- 150dB of SPL handling tackles guitar cabs, brass instruments, drums, and other loud
- Gold-plated XLR connector ensures a solid, reliable connection
- Durable all-metal housing and premium finish
- Includes a rock-solid swivel mic clip and thread adapter that fits nearly any mic stand
From vocals to acoustic instruments to electric guitars or percussion, the X1 A is the perfect
choice for any musician seeking a high-quality microphone with an entry-level price tag. With a
newly-developed condenser capsule and an exterior based on the rugged metal chassis of the
X1, the X1 A offers first-class sound & specifications at an even better "home studio" cost,
featuring an extremely natural frequency response, massive SPL-handling capabilities (150dB!),
switchable attenuation and low-cut filters, and a perfectly balanced sensitivity level - so it's at
home on absolutely any source.
The most affordable professional-quality studio condenser microphone from sE delivers incredible performance at an amazing price point!
- Best in class sound quality across a wider frequency spectrum, higher SPL capability, and lower noise (please see specs above to verify)
- Attenuation pad and highpass filter makes it a far more versatile microphone in dealing with a wider variety of sources and situations where rumble etc can creep into home recordings (a common issue for home recording musicians)
Unrivalled Audio Performance
There's a new entry point to the critically acclaimed X1 Series, and it's breaking the performance barrier for affordable microphones. When introduced in 2011, the x1 condenser mic brought a new level of quality to its price point competing easily with microphones costing multiple times as much, but that did not stop sE from trying to outdo itself again.
And the New X1 A is the result of these efforts A new capsule,Low noise electronics,integrated windscreen, all metal construction, and better overall performance than any other mic in its class makes it a perfect "All rounder" that means your first microphone is noe one,that you'll never want to replace...
Versatality for any source
The -20dB pad switch provides extended dynamic range,enabling a wide range of applications and close-mic technique for even the loudest instruments (horns,guitars,kick drums & more) and the 100Hz low-cut switch helps eliminate low-frequency rumble or football noise and compensates for excessive bass and close-mic frequencies
The X1 A: It could be your first mic, but it's one you'll want to keep forever.
There's a new entry point to sE's acclaimed X1 Series, and it's breaking the performance barrier (again) for every mic in its class.
With a newly-developed condenser capsule and an exterior based on the rugged metal chassis of the X1, the X1 A offers first-class sound & specifications at an even better "home studio" cost, featuring an extremely natural frequency response, massive SPL-handling capabilities (150dB!), switchable attenuation and low-cut filters, and a perfectly balanced sensitivity level - so it's at home on absolutely any source.
From vocals to acoustic instruments to electric guitars or percussion, the X1 A is the perfect choice for any musician seeking a high-quality microphone with an entry-level price tag.
ALL-METAL HOUSING & PREMIUM FINISH
Unlike the cheaply constructed bodies of some other "entry-level" microphones, the X1 A's all-metal chassis provides efficient rejection of any electrical interference and noise - and the high-quality finish ensures a great look for years to come.
Eliminates the need for an external pop filter, and provides an extra layer of safety and security for the all-important capsule.
COMPLETELY NEW ACOUSTIC DESIGN
The X1 A's new condenser capsule design is a work of art, delivering stellar sonic performance on any source with incredible speed, accuracy, and well-balanced frequency response.
The electronics have also undergone a complete overhaul, and exhibit better specifications and sound - on and off the test bench - than any other microphone in its class.
ATTENUATION & LOW CUT SWITCHES
The -20 dB pad switch on the left provides extended dynamic range, enabling a wide range of applications and close-mic techniques for even the loudest instruments...think super-heavy electric guitars, fortissimo brass instruments, and heavy-footed kick drums.
On the right, the 100 Hz low-cut switch helps eliminate low-frequency rumble or footfall noise, and compensates for excessive bass with close-mic techniques (proximity effect).
GOLD-PLATED XLR CONNECTOR
Ensures loss-free, reliable signal connection for years and years and years.
The X1 A comes complete with a rock-solid, newly designed swivel mic clip and thread adapter to fit with any mic stand.
If you need additional rumble control, the X1 A integrates perfectly with sE's Isolation Pack, as well as the Reflexion Filter X - recommended for an instant pro vocal recording setup for your home studio.
IN THE BOX
- X1 A microphone
- swivel mic clip
- mic stand thread adapter
- Capsule Type: 2/3" Permanently-Biased Condenser
- Directional Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Impedance: <50 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 20 mV/Pa (-34 dB)
- Max SPL: 130 / 150 dB (0 / 20 dB pad, (0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 78 dB(A)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 16 dB(A)
- Dynamic Range: 114 / 134 dB (0 / 20 dB pad)
- Low Cut Filter: 100 Hz, 6 dB/oct, switchable
- Attenuation Pad: 20 dB, switchable
- Connectivity: 3-pin male XLR
- Power requirement: 48V phantom according to IEC 61938
- Recommended Load Impedance: >1K Ohms
- Current Consumption: 4.0 mA
- Diameter: 58 mm (2.28 in.) x Length: 169 mm (6.65 in.)
- Weight: 390 g / 13.8 oz
Made in China