IK Multimedia iRig Pre 2 Mobile Microphone Interface Overview:
Make your go-to mic go farther
Like many of today’s musicians, YouTubers and broadcasters, you probably rely on the professional sound quality you get from using an XLR microphone. But for mobile, on-the-go audio and video creation, XLR mics present some challenges. Many require phantom power, and at best, using them also means dragging along a laptop and boxy audio interface to get the mic preamps along with the phantom power you need.
iRig Pre 2 is a pocket-sized mic preamp that lets you easily use your XLR mics to record, perform and stream with your iPhone*, iPad, Android device or DSLR camera. The sequel to the best-selling mobile mic pre of all time, iRig Pre 2 delivers the same professional sound you’re accustomed to, while adding direct monitoring, auto-switching wiring for use with digital cameras, and so much more.
All powered up
Need phantom power for your condenser mic? iRig Pre 2’s 2 AA batteries provide true +48V phantom power (many other mobile mic preamps only offer 32V, degrading your mic’s performance) for around 7 hours of continuous use. To use your favorite dynamic or ribbon mic, simply turn off the phantom power and you’re good to go for even longer, up to 20 hours!
- High-fidelity mic preamp with true +48V phantom power
- Compact, soft-touch enclosure fits easily in any bag or pocket
- Works seamlessly with DSLR cameras to achieve better sound
- Improved functionality with headphone out and volume control
- Onboard direct monitoring for more precise audio capture
- Economic power supply using two standard AA batteries
Whether you’re recording a podcast or your new album, shooting an interview or an action sequence, iRig Pre 2 is the easiest way to connect any type of XLR microphone to an iPhone*, iPad or Android device. And its new, auto-switching circuitry lets iRig Pre 2 instantly adapt to work with the input on your digital camera, as well. It’s the smallest, most portable and best sounding mobile mic pre you’ll find, and the only one you’ll need for every situation!
- For iPhone, iPad, Android and digital cameras
- Built-in XLR connector for microphones
- Adjustable gain control
- +48 V phantom power
- 50 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response
- Headphone output with direct monitoring
- Attached 40cm (15.75") TRRS cable
- Auto-sensing 3.5mm output
- Powered by 2xAA batteries
- On/Off switch
- Compatible with all your favorite apps
- Frequency response: from 50 Hz to 20 KHz
- EIN (@gain min): -113.5 dBA
- EIN (@ gain max): -92.4dBA
- THD+N: -90 dBA / 0,003%
- Gain range: 48dB
- Phantom max current: 6mA
- Battery duration (Alkaline 2xAA): approx 20 hours when phantom is off, approx 7 hours when phantom is on
- iRig Pre 2
- 2xAA batteries
- Velcro strip
- Free apps for iOS and Android
- Size: 40mm/1.57" x 110mm/4.33" x 34mm/1.34"
- Weight: 75g (batteries excluded)
- Cables length: 40cm/15.75"
Compatible with most DSLR cameras equipped with 1/8" / 3.5mm jack microphone input.
* Requires use of Apple's Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter (TRRS).