IK Multimedia iRig Mic Lav Lavalier Microphone Overview:
iRig Mic Lav is chainable. That means it can double your recording power by letting you easily chain up to two iRig Mic Lav's to the same device. Each iRig Mic Lav captures high-quality audio thanks to its omnidirectioinal condenser capsule and foam pop shield. And recording convenience is taken to the next level thanks to its on-board headphone monitoring output, secure mounting clip, generous cable length and durable roadworthy design. And best of all, you can have all these premium features at a price as small as the device itself.
iRig Mic Lav gives you the power to record great sounding audio anytime and anywhere. Designed to meet the exacting demands of broadcast professionals, its omnidirectional condenser capsule lets you capture a 30Hz - 16kHz frequency range of crystal-clear audio from all directions. It comes with a foam pop filter to eliminate vocal plosives, wind noises and other unwanted sounds. And like all good lavalier microphones, it comes with a durable mounting clip that you can easy mount on a t-shirt, lapel or other material for dependable and secure hands-free recording. Just clip it on, and you'll be ready to go.
Capturing great audio in the field requires more than just superior microphone technology. To get the best sound, you have to be able to monitor your source as its being recorded. Not all lavalier microphones come with on-board monitoring, but iRig Mic Lav does. In fact, among major brands, it's the first mobile lavalier microphone to offer this feature.
It comes with a combo 1/8" TRRS port that can be used to output audio to your favorite pair of headphones. Just set the toggle switch next to the port to "monitor" and plug in your headphones, and you'll be on your way to recording effortlessly amazing audio.
There's a saying that goes something like, "two heads are better than one."
The same can be said for microphones - when you're out in the field, sometimes you need to record more than one person.
iRig Mic Lav lets you chain and record with up to two iRig Mic Lav's on the same device thanks to the same dual-purpose 1/8" TRRS port used for headphone monitoring.
Simply set the toggle switch to “input,” and then plug a second iRig Mic Lav in to record with two microphones.
To monitor a dual iRig Mic Lav setup, you just need to set the switch on the second iRig Mic Lav’s jack to “monitor,” and then you'll be able to plug in your headphones.
You never know what mobile device you'll have accessible while you're out conducting that next heated interview or spontaneous Youtube video. This can be a problem if a microphone is specifically made for one type of device. Fortunately, you'll never have that problem when iRig Mic Lav is in your pocket. It outputs its sound via an analog 1/8" TRRS output jack, and it captures the same high-quality audio no matter whether it's plugged into an iPhone or an Android device with a compatible TRRS input jack compliant with the CTIA/AHJ wiring standard.
In other words, with iRig Mic Lav you can make quality recordings anytime, anywhere and on any mobile device.
Presenting with Power
Pair iRig Mic Lav with VocaLive or EZ Voice and an iLoud portable speaker, and you'll have the perfect "hands-free" portable PA system that you can easily fit in a briefcase or backpack for trade shows, small group gatherings and other mobile presentations.
- Professional mobile lavalier microphone for all devices
- High-quality omnidirectional condenser capsule
- Includes foam pop shield and durable mounting clip
- 1/8" TRRS jack connects to iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Android
- Combo 1/8" TRRS port can be used for headphone monitoring/line out to powered speaker
- Combo 1/8" TRRS port can be used for chaining up to two iRig Mic Lavs to the same device
- Compatible with any audio app that accepts audio from headset input
- Comes with a suite of powerful recording apps
- 150cm/66” cable
- Transducer type: condenser, electret
- Polar Pattern: omnidirectional
- Frequency Response: 30 Hz - 16 kHz, -3dB
- Max SPL: 120dB SPL
- Sensitivity: -35±3dB at 1 kHz, 0dB=1V/Pa
- Capsule diameter: 6mm/0.24"
- Cable length: 150cm/59.1"
- Output connector: 1/8” TRRS
- iRig Mic Lav
- Removable foam windshield
- Removable mounting clip
- Carrying case
- Microphone size: 24mm/0.94" x 7.5mm/0.3"
- In-line connector size: 24mm/0.94" x 24mm/0.94" x 14mm/0.55"
- Weight: 22g/0.78oz
- Cable length: 150cm/59.1"
- Compatible with iPhone 7 Plus*, iPhone 7*, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch (6th, 5th, 4th and 3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad mini 2, iPad 4th generation, iPad mini, iPad 3rd generation, iPad 2, iPad. iOS 4.3 or later is required.
- * Requires use of Apple's Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter (TRRS).
- Android Devices
- Android Smartphones, Android Tablets
- To be compatible, the mobile device must be compliant with the CTIA/AHJ wiring standard, which is illustrated as follows. As of today, all popular Android devices branded Samsung, LG, Motorola, Google Nexus, HTC, Huawei, Sony, Lenovo, Xiaomi and more, use this standard.
Made in China