Epiphone Les Paul Standard 60s 6-Strings Electric Guitar Overview:
Featuring ProBucker Humbuckers
The Les Paul Standard 60s models from Epiphone’s new Inspired by Gibson Collection recreate the sound of 1960s era Les Pauls. Featuring a classic mahogany body with a maple cap, Grover tuners, and powered by ProBucker humbuckers with CTS potentiometers. Epiphone’s long friendship with Mr. Les Paul began in 1940 when Les built one of the world’s first solid body electric guitars while working nights at the original Epiphone factory in Manhattan. Les’ first solid body guitar, nicknamed “the Log”, would go on to inspire the Les Paul Standard, which many consider the greatest electric guitar ever made.
ProBucker™ humbucker Pickups
The classic "P.A.F" sound is closer than you think
Epiphone's ProBucker humbucker has quietly become one of the most talked about pickups in the industry. It has fooled experts, vintage purists, and even luthiers who have worked with the best vintage examples from the late 50s and early 60s. Epiphone ProBucker humbuckers are the real deal--made with 18% Nickel Silver unit bases and covers, the same alloy used by Gibson at the Kalamazoo factory when the humbucker was first invented. The use of Nickel Silver reduces the occurrence of eddy currents due to low conductivity and provides a more transparent and crisp output. The size and shape of the bobbins also has a great impact on tonal response. And the bobbins used on ProBucker pickups duplicate the size and shape of the gold standard in the industry, Gibson humbuckers. Epiphone ProBucker pickups also feature sand cast Alnico II magnets, high quality 4 conductor lead wire, and are vacuum wax potted to eliminate microphonics.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard 60s Electric Guitar Features
- Design and layout inspired by legendary the late 60s Gibson Les Pauls
- Solid Mahogany Les Paul body with AA Flame Maple Top
- Slim Taper 60’s Style C Mahogany Neck with Indian Laurel fingeboard
- ProBucker humbucking pickups modeled after classic Gibson PAF pickups for a vintage sound
- ProBucker-2 in the neck position, ProBucker-3 in the bridge position
LockTone ABR Tune-o-Matic Bridge
After production of the earliest Gibson Les Pauls was stopped in 1960, demand for them began to steadily grow throughout the remainder of the decade. The biggest names in rock were using vintage Les Pauls during this time and it became clear that their burgeoning popularity could not be ignored. Reintroduced in 1968, the Les Paul has been in production ever since. It is these late ‘60s era instruments that fueled the design and build of the Epiphone Les Paul Standard 60s model.
With a ProBucker-2 in the neck position and a ProBucker-3 in the bridge position, a wide variety of bold, heavy, and driven tones are at your disposal. This guitar can change character as well – the Epiphone Les Paul Standard 60s can also bring the clean, shimmery, and round tones to your sonic color palette.
The engineers at Epiphone really put in tons of work researching and experimenting with these pickups, so they could hand-pick the right vintage tonal characteristics worthy of their original counterparts. The fine details have all been taken into account.
Epiphone’s long friendship with Mr. Les Paul began in 1940 when Les built one of the world’s first solid body electric guitars while working nights at the original Epiphone factory in Manhattan. Les’ first solidbody guitar, nicknamed “the Log”, would go on to inspire the Les Paul Standard, what many consider the greatest electric guitar ever made.
- Body Shape: Les Paul
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Top: AA Flame Maple
- Binding: Cream
- Material: Mahogany
- Profile: SlimTaper™ 60s C
- Scale Length: 24.75" / 628.65mm
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number Of Frets: 22
- Frets: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Graph Tech®
- Nut Width: 1.69" / 43mm
- Inlays: Pearloid Trapezoid
- Joint: Glued in
- Finish: Nickel
- Tuner Plating: Nickel
- Bridge: LockTone™ ABR Tune-o-matic™
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuning Machines: Grover® Rotomatic® 18:1
- Pickguard: cream
- TrussRod: Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover: "Bell Shaped"; 2-layer (Black/White); 60s era E
- Control Knobs: Gold insert knobs with nickel plated dial pointers
- Strap Buttons: 2
- Pickup Covers: Nickel
- Neck Pickup: ProBucker™ 2
- Bridge Pickup: ProBucker™ 3
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone, CTS® potentiometers
- Pickup Selector: 3-way Epiphone toggle
- Output Jack: 1/4"
- Strings: .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046
Gator GWE-LPS Laminated Wood Case
The Gator GWE-LPS Hardshell Guitar Case fits LP-style guitars and features 3 ply Luan wood construction with Tolex PVC covering, contrast stitching, an ergonomic matching handle, bottom & side metal feet, locking latches and plush padded interior with accessory compartment.
Gator GWE-LPS Features:
- Fits LP-style guitars
- Black or digital camo exterior
- 3 Ply Luan wood construction with Tolex PVC covering
- Contrast stitching
- Ergonomic matching handle
- Bottom & side metal feet
- Plush padded interior with accessory compartment
- Locking latches.
Country of Origin: China