USB Recording Made Easy
If you're looking for a simple, affordable, and effective way to record music on your Mac or Windows PC, then check out the Behringer U-Phoria UM2. Ask any Sales Engineer here at , and they'll gladly tell you that you don't need anything fancy to take down your ideas, and the U-Phoria UM2 USB audio interface gives you everything you need. Onboard, you'll find one of Behringer's acclaimed XENYX microphone preamps, along with a dedicated instrument input, so you can record yourself singing as you play guitar or keys. And since the UM2 includes a full copy of Tracktion, you're ready to record, right out of the box.
The UM2 Mix control allows direct monitor select, which means musicians can experience their performance clearly – resulting in a better performance and recording. With its powerful Phones Output, Direct Monitor Level control, Status and Signal Clip LEDs, plus USB-supplied power – the UM2 is ready to go wherever you go.
You take your tracks seriously, and the UM2 respects them too, providing 48 kHz resolution, for the amazingly-detailed and pristine recording quality your music deserves.
Seamless Integration with Popular DAWs
The ultra-compact UM2 is totally compatible with virtually all popular recording software including Avid Pro Tools*, Ableton Live*, Steinberg Cubase*, etc., so you can record tracks directly into you favorite computer-based DAW – and mix and master to your heart’s content.
When it’s time to make recording history, you need the best audio interface you can get – and you need one you can count on. That’s why we’re kicking it up a notch with the amazing UM2, an ultra-compact 2 x 2, 48 kHz USB interface with a studio-grade XENYX Mic Preamp, combination XLR/TRS input for your vocal and direct instrument input (no DI required) and an additional ¼ " Instrument Input. The rich feature-set, which also boasts a powerful Phones Output for the Direct Monitoring of your session, plus 2 Outputs and USB-supplied power – makes the UM2 the best, and most-portable recording interface in its class!
Studio in a Little Black Box
When those creative juices start flowing, you need a fast and easy way to get those musical ideas into your Mac or Windows computer – that’s where the UM2 comes in. Just plug in a microphone, instrument or line level sources to the combination XLR/TRS input and additional ¼ " input for the ultimate in studio flexibility. The easy-to-use UM2 is ready whenever you are, ensuring an ultra-clean pathway to your computer’s hard drive for stunningly-professional results – the perfect solution for the solo musician wanting to capture that next big hit!
Sonically Superior Mic Preamps
The studio-grade XENYX Mic Preamp used in the UM2, has been praised by audio engineers all over the world for its hug-headroom, low-noise operation. These state-of-the-art mic pres represent a major step in the evolution of audio technology – and they can easily hold their own, even when compared to the most expensive stand-alone mic preamps. XENYX preamps offer a staggering 130 dB of dynamic range, with a bandwidth that extends from below 10 Hz to well above 200 kHz. Armed with these outstanding mic preamps, the UM2 provides such transparent, crystal-clear performance you just might think someone upgraded your mics while you weren’t looking.
- Quality 2-channel USB recording interface for your Mac or Windows PC
- Combo input with XENYX preamp lets you plug in any microphone or line-level gear
- +48V phantom power lets you use studio condenser microphones
- Dedicated instrument-level input accommodates your guitar or bass
- Headphone and RCA stereo outputs provide easy monitoring
- Includes Tracktion DAW and 150 downloadable instrument/effect plug-ins
- 2x2 USB audio interface for recording microphones and instruments
- Audiophile 48 kHz resolution for professional audio quality
- Compatible with popular recording software including Avid Pro Tools*, Ableton Live*, Steinberg Cubase*, etc.
- Streams 2 inputs / 2 outputs with ultra-low latency to your computer, supporting Mac OS X* and Windows XP* or higher
- State-of-the-art, +48 V-powered XENYX Mic Preamp comparable to stand-alone boutique preamps
- Powerful Phones output with Level control and Direct Monitor select
- Status, Signal and Clip indications for perfect overview
- USB port for connection and power
- Free audio recording, editing and podcasting software plus 150 instrument/effect plug-ins downloadable at behringer.com
Start recording with a Behringer U-Phoria UM2 USB audio interface!
|Computer Connection Type||USB|
|Simultaneous I/O||2 x 2|
|Number of Audio Inputs||2|
|Audio Input Types||1 x XLR/TRS Combo, 1 x 1/4"|
|Number of Audio Outputs||2|
|Audio Output Types||1 x stereo RCA, 1 x 1/4"|
|Number of Preamps||1|
|Manufacturer Part Number||UM 2|