Audient Nero 4XStereo Desktop Monitor Controller
The Art of Control
Building on over 20 years of expertise in analogue console heritage, Nero has been designed to give you powerful control over your monitoring. Featuring a comprehensive range of I/O, console style monitor control, Precision Matched Attenuation Technology and more... Nero will quickly become the core of your studio.
- 4 Stereo analog inputs that include 2 line levels, 1 dedicated cue mix in, 1 aux input and additionally an optical & coaxial S/PDIF inputs
- 3 Stereo Speaker outputs and 4 headphone outputs
- 1 Assignable Sub output that lets you easily assign your sub when switching between your monitors.
- Precision matched stereo volume control with Audient's customer Precision Matched Attenuation Technology.
- Smart Touchpoints allow you easily route and configure monitoring combinations to suit your needs.
- The Nero also has dedicated talkback, cut & dim along with polarity, mono, speaker select, and cue mix monitoring.
As your studio grows it becomes harder to control. Nero enables you to centralise, connect and control all your monitoring needs from your desktop using Nero’s array of stereo inputs.
Reference your mixes on up to three sets of speakers, independently set and match volume for all speakers and audition and assign your sub to any monitor path. Nero also provides one dedicated monitor grade headphone amp and three foldback grade headphone amps, making sure you’re ready to take on the loudest of sessions with crystal clear headphone mixes.
Easily assign a sub to activate when switching to a monitor path of choice but maintain the ability to switch it on and off without losing your saved preset. Nero also lets you audition the sub on any alternative set of speakers without forcing you to assign it permanently.
Smart Touchpoints enable you to customise your workflow on the fly. Easily route and configure Nero’s outputs and monitor controls to create monitoring combinations that suit your needs. Simply hold down a Smart Touchpoint to put it into setup mode, select your routing options and press it again to save.
Nero perfectly matches the volume of the left and right channels of your stereo signal using Audient’s custom Precision Matched Attenuation Technology. Unlike other monitor controllers, this prevents any deviation in volume between your left and right monitors or unbalancing of your stereo image, enabling you to monitor accurately and mix with confidence.
Console Style Monitor Control
Utilising Audient’s vast experience in implementing monitor control in both recording consoles and desktop controllers, Nero features David Dearden designed circuitry and a range of flexible monitor controls including dedicated talkback, cut & dim along with polarity, mono, speaker select and cue mix monitoring.
User Defined Dim
Set your attenuation using the volume knob
Activate Dim, Mono or Talkback with either a tap (latch) or a tap and hold
Tactile Speaker Select
Audition your mixes by quickly switching between monitors
Cue Mix Monitoring
Reference what your artist is hearing and fix problems fast
Sum and Difference
Use this classic trick to quickly hear your stereo information
Smart Mono Mode
Permanently assign a mono speaker without preventing mono functionality on other sources
- 4x Stereo Analogue sources
- 2 x Line Level Inputs
- 1 x Dedicated Cue Mix Input
- 1 x Aux Input (RCA or Mini Jack)
- Optical & Coaxial S/PDIF Inputs
- 3 x Stereo Speaker Outputs
- 1 x Assignable Sub Output
- 4x Headphone Outputs with flexible routing
- Smart Touchpoints for user customisation
- Talkback Input
- Internal Microphone
- External Talkback Input
- Dim, Cut, Mono & Polarity Monitor Controls
BALANCED LINE INPUTS:
- NOMINAL INPUT LEVEL: +4dBu
- MAX INPUT LEVEL: +18dBu
- CMRR: > 50dB
- MIC EIN: -128dBu
- CMRR: >80dB @ 1kHz
UNBALANCED AUX INPUTS:
- NOMINAL INPUT LEVEL: -10dBV
- MAXIMUM INPUT LEVEL (minimum trim): +27dBu
- TRIM RANGE: ±12dB
- INPUTS: TOSLINK and Coaxial
- FORMAT: S/PDIF
- SAMPLE RATES: 44.1kHz - 192kHz
- BIT DEPTH: up to 24bit
- MAXIMUM IPUT LEVEL: 2dBu
- GAIN: 4-44dB
- PHANTOM POWER: +48V
- MAXIMUM OUTPUT LEVEL: +12dBu
- THD+N: 0.0015% 0dBu 1k input
- SNR: 100dBu
- CROSSTALK (SPEAKERS): >100dB
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20Hz - 22kHz ±0.5dB
- ATTENUATION AT MIN VOLUME (SPEAKER OUTPUTS): >110dB
- THD+N: <0.0017%
- DYNAMIC RANGE: 113dB
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20Hz - 22kHz ±0.5dB
- THD+N @ 0dBu (output level): 0.009% - 30Ohm
- 0.009% - 60Ohm
- 0.008% - 600Ohm
- PEAK POWER OUTPUT: 90mW - 30Ohm
- 56mW - 60Ohm
- 7.35mW - 600Ohm
- CROSSTALK: >62dB
- ATTENUATION AT MIN VOLUME: >96dB
- 12VDC Centre Positive DC Adapter - 2Amps
- Unit: 255mm (w) x 75mm (h) x 155mm (d)