ADAM Audio T8V Nearfield Monitor Speaker Overview:
The T8V is an affordable, professional 2-way powered studio monitor with an 8˝ woofer and ADAM Audio’s latest addition to the T Series. Designed around the same technology, features and build quality as its smaller siblings, the T8V provides best-in-class characteristics and sound performance.
The T8V impresses with a multitude of features that bring real benefits to the user: The U-ART tweeter’s 4:1 velocity transfer ratio, in combination with the new Class D amplifiers’ high dynamic range, yield respective max. peak SPL of 118 dB per pair. The tweeter, which extends up to 25 kHz, works as a team with the HPS Waveguide. This allows an optimal radiation of the high frequencies, which means the advantage of a more controlled, larger usable sweet spot during monitoring. With a bass extension down to 33 Hz, the T8V is especially suitable for users who produce bass-heavy music.
The T8V is the perfect studio speaker for those who have always wanted to work with an 8“ monitor from ADAM Audio, but where budgets have been insufficient. The 5-year warranty gives users additional security and the certainty of having purchased a quality product.
U-ART 1.9” Accelerated Ribbon Tweeter -
- Allows longer operation with fewer signs of fatigue
- Their breakup is prevented by the folded diaphragms, distortions are effectively reduced to a minimum
- Advanced dynamic range due to acoustically effective diaphragm surface that is 2.5 times bigger (compared to a classic tweeter according to the piston principle)
The air velocity ratio of 4:1 during the sound generation by folded U-ART membrane
- Direct, fast response in the high-range even with complex transients
HPS waveguide from the S Series
- Makes dispersion more consistent and imaging more stable over a wider area
- Reduction of early reflections on the surfaces of, e.g. mixing consoles, desks, etc.
Lightweight polypropylene construction of the woofer
- Excellent transient response even at high sound levels without breakup of the diaphragm
Vertical 2-way system with 8” woofer
- High resolution of the stereo image
Spacious rear-firing bass reflex port
- Bass reproduction with very low compression
Linear frequency response of 33 Hz to 25 kHz
- Unbiased reproduction in a wide frequency band
Maximum peak sound pressure per pair in 1 m ≥ 118 dB
- Powerful, compression-free sound reproduction even at very high sound levels
DSP-powered crossover design
- Smooth frequency response without interferences between the drivers in the critical mid-range
Simple room acoustic adjustments via high- and low-shelf filters
- Allows optimal adaptation to acoustically difficult listening environments or individual preferences
Analog inputs over XLR and RCA
- Optimized for balanced and unbalanced line signals
Acoustically optimized cabinet geometry
- Reduction of unwanted reflections on the cabinets
2 years warranty with optional extension to 3 years with the registration of the product
- Full repair service if required for 5 years